Staff - Legal Assistant (Real Estate) - Miami
Job Category: Staff
Shutts & Bowen LLP has an opening for a Real Estate Legal Assistant in the Miami office. Qualities possessed by an ideal candidate include at least three years of general/clerical legal experience, an eye for detail and accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
- Assist with the assembly of transaction closing binders.
- Organize, label and file materials, as directed.
- Prepare closed matters for off-site storage.
- Scan and save documents to the computer system using established naming protocols.
- Assist the attorneys and paralegals, as needed.
- Arrange courier pickup and delivery of documents for execution and for closings.
- Photocopies documents, as needed.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent with some college education preferred and one to two years law office clerical/general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accurate filing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is required.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to utilize all firm provided software packages as required. Willing to learn practice or department specific databases or software as necessary
- Physical attendance and punctuality at place of work.
- Performs additional duties as instructed and assigned.