Staff - Eminent Domain Paralegal - Orlando
Job Category: Staff
The Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP is seeking a dedicated and highly organized paralegal to assist with all facets of eminent domain matters. Knowledge of the real estate chain of title involving easements and experience involving condemning authorities preferred. Three or more years of experience in eminent domain or real estate law a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills; Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills; Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with or without direct supervision and coordinate multiple projects; Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and the ability to locate specific items on the internet; Strong writing and editing skills; Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with or without direct supervision and coordinate multiple projects. Paralegal Certificate a plus. Candidate must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Education and Experience
Eminent Domain Paralegal essential functions include:
- Assist attorneys in maintenance of client contact lists and calendaring for multiple clients and projects
- Assist lawyers with Excel spreadsheet production and revisions
- Timely client correspondence
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of court pleadings
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of marketing letters and lists
- Utilize knowledge of mail merge form letters in Word
- Inputting and organizing data files
- Performing online research as related to eminent domain matters
- Utilizing Florida Courts E-File
- Have a general knowledge of litigation procedures, real estate or eminent domain law.