Staff - IT User Support Specialist - Miami
Job Category: Staff
Shutts & Bowen, a Florida law firm has an excellent employment opportunity for an IT User Support Specialist in the Technology Support Department (TSG) of our Miami office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
IT USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The IT User Support Specialist will provide technology related support in an office environment, including the administration and/or support of technology systems essential to the day to day business operations. This position requires knowledge of advanced applications, including legal document management systems and support for MS Office including MS Word and Outlook. Candidate will have a proven ability to resolve technical issues at point of contact and the customer service skills to support a demanding client base.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day end user assistance for computers, software, printers, copiers, scanners and other office machines.
- System setups, breakdowns and office moves.
- Conference room services: Video conferencing, AV setups and take-downs.
- Smartphone support with a focus on enterprise email delivery.
- Telephone and voicemail systems support.
- Track user support requests and system failures.
- Escalate more complex issues to advanced support service teams, follow-up communications to end user.
- Proactively interact with other TSG members to identify unreported or repetitive problems.
- Identify and recommend training where opportunities exist to address common support issues.
- Serve as POC on requests for general assistance and information.
- Must be adept at teaching adult learners with diverse learning styles.
- Some one on one remote coaching and desk-side training may be required.
- Assist in maintaining all teaching materials, reference manuals and instructional guides.
- Familiar with many legal concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with special projects involving new or updated software/hardware implementations.
- Works closely with others in a team environment.
- Some travel to other offices in Florida required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, settings, limitations, tweaks and maintenance procedures.
- High level experience with Microsoft Office 2010 Suite and above, with a focus on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Smartphone devices with a focus on enterprise email delivery. iPad and Android device experience a plus.
- Experience working with networked and local printers, scanners, advanced copiers and other hardware peripherals.
- Basic understanding of networking devices, cabling and associated troubleshooting.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to convey technical information in easy to understand, non-technical terms.
- Must be highly productive, able to balance competing priorities and meet all established productivity measures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and meet deadlines both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to read and write for proof reading and editing purposes.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical attendance and punctuality at place of work.
QUALIFICATIONS & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have 3+ years technical support experience, with law firm experience a plus. Candidate must know Windows 7 & 10 OS, Office 2010 and above, remote connectivity and document management systems.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Employee must talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.