Staff - Legal Technology Support Specialist - Tampa/Sarasota
Job Category: Staff
The Tampa and Sarasota offices of Shutts & Bowen, a Florida based law firm, has an excellent opportunity for a Legal Technology Support Specialist. The right candidate for this role will possess approachable training techniques accustomed to teaching adult learners with diverse learning styles. Training will address new hire technology and processes and ongoing training for existing employees. We are seeking a candidate who has a strong technology background and experience providing end-user support with a proven ability to resolve technical issues. We need a team member who has the exceptional customer service skills needed to support a demanding client base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with the firm’s technology service group to act as the onsite point of contact for software upgrades, application training, and day-to-day end user assistance for computers, software, printers, copiers, scanners, telephone and voicemail systems, video conferencing and AV setup and takedown services, and system setups and moves.
- Work with the firm’s training department to provide technology and process training for new hires.
- Identify and facilitate training where opportunities exist to address common support issues and to strengthen existing user technology and process skills.
- Work with the firm’s training department and the office administrator to assist in the design, implementation, and delivery of training curriculum, user guides, job aids, and additional instructional or informative documents based on technology and process needs.
- Must be familiar with legal concepts, practices, and procedures to effectively incorporate business process information into software instruction and utilization.
- Some travel to other offices in Florida required.
- Performs additional duties as instructed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in technology or education related field preferred. Must have a minimum of three years of desktop application support. Experience in a legal environment required.
- Microsoft Office Certifications a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of business suites and software applications (e.g. Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, Office 2010 through Office 2016 with focus on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), industry specific software (e.g. FileSite, Aderant, MacPac, CRM), and remote connectivity.
- Experience working with networked and local printers, scanners, advanced copiers, and other hardware peripherals, along with a basic understanding of networking devices, cabling, and associated troubleshooting.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Excellent communication and people skills required as well as demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to convey training and technical information in easy to understand, non-technical terms.
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and meet deadlines both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of attorneys and staff.
Please forward resume via e-mail with a cover letter including salary expectations to Lawanna Voci at email@example.com.