Staff - Marketing & Business Development Coordinator - Miami
Job Category: Staff
Shutts & Bowen LLP seeks a Marketing & Business Development Coordinator to work directly with the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager in the firm’s Miami office. The successful candidate will support business development efforts and help implement the firm’s marketing strategy, including profile raising, targeting potential clients, completing proposals for new work, practice planning, monitoring client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business development support to practice and industry groups, as assigned.
- Coordinate and manage assigned projects from inception to implementation with clear communication throughout the process to a variety of internal stakeholders, including partners.
- Update and maintain the firm’s marketing materials, including brochures, practice descriptions, lawyer biographies, website, and experience lists.
- Create pitch books and other marketing materials for potential and existing clients.
- Prepare responses to Requests for Proposals/Quotations/Information for existing and potential clients, including qualitative and quantitative data compilation.
- Assist client team development, including client team meeting preparation and follow up.
- Assist with development of client e-alerts.
- Assist with preparation of CLE programs for clients/prospects.
- Conduct research and analysis of a company’s organizational structure, key executives, news articles, financial, market, and competitive data.
- Conduct industry and geography-specific research projects and help identify business development opportunities and develop client target lists.
- Assist with and support the execution of the firm’s strategic marketing plan, including tracking and follow-up.
- Prepare submissions, and manage the submission process, for legal rankings, directories, etc. Schedule and actively participate/contribute in various business development and internal meetings.
- Update the firm’s website content including posting attorney accomplishments and news.
- Draft news items for firm website, social media, intranet and internal communications vehicles.
- Assist attorneys in maintaining blogs for multiple practice areas.
- Assist with quarterly internal newsletter.
- Assist with and manage a variety of short and long term projects and day to day requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in marketing or business development, law firm experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a similar course of study
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Familiar with and knowledgeable in various mediums of marketing, including website design, SEO, Google Analytics, email and social media marketing
- Ability to create communications (written and visual) using compelling images, engaging copy and fresh design layouts
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Legal Publish and Gwabbit a plus
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from attorneys, clients
- Familiarity with marketing tools, such as Mailchimp and Hootsuite, is a plus.
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish a plus