Staff - Paralegal Clerk (Litigation) - Miami
Job Category: Staff
Shutts & Bowen LLP seeks a Paralegal Clerk to join the Miami office. A successful candidate will assist attorneys in defending PIP civil litigation matters. Under general supervision, responsibilities are:
- Performs a variety of paralegal clerical functions for Attorneys, including but not limited to pleadings, discovery, motions, notices, and correspondence.
- Electronic filing/receipt of court documents and monitoring case dockets.
- Office administration duties, such as scheduling hearings/depositions, maintaining the office calendar, electronic file organization, diary entries, and gathering case-related records.
- Maintain relationships with attorneys, outside departments, courts, clients and third parties.
- Meet attendance standards at work location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and coworkers.
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking.
- Must work activities involving combinations of sitting, walking, kneeling, climbing, pulling, bending, lifting, carrying and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must type at least 50 words per minute.
Shutts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shutts conducts background checks on all applicants who accept employment offers.