We have an active commercial leasing practice involving representation of landlords and tenants in a wide variety of transactions. The members of our commercial leasing practice group have extensive experience and a wide array of resources at their disposal.
Our commercial leasing practice is noted for the development of a document assembly software system and related forms and procedures to deliver cost-effective preparation of high-quality commercial leases and related documents (amendments, assignment and sublease consents, lien agreements, and terminations), including an extensive library of alternative lease provisions which enable our attorneys to meet our clients’ needs quickly and efficiently from receipt of a proposal request to the finished document.
We have pioneered emphasis on shorter office and retail lease forms which are cheaper, easier, and quicker to negotiate than traditional “long form” landlord leases, and have met with greater acceptance by tenants and brokers.
We pride ourselves on exemplary service.
Our experience includes:
- Representing institutional, national, regional, and local landlords in office leasing including Class “A” office space and Central Business District office towers. We have one of the largest office leasing practices in the state.
- Representing retail landlords in shopping center, specialty retail, and mixed use projects including leases with major national and regional retailers and restaurants such as Office Depot, Books-A-Million, H&M, Pandora, LaCoste, Under Armour, Ruth Chris, Olive Garden, Chipoltle, CVS, Walgreens, Floor & Décor, Best Buy Mobile, Starbucks, Tuesday Morning, GAP, Ann Taylor, Dollar Tree, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A, BurgerFi, LA Fitness, Connor Steakhouse, Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of America, Village Tavern, Anytime Fitness, the Gap, Denny’s, Qdoba Mexican Grill, and many others.
- Representing landlords in long term ground lease transactions.
- Creating and negotiating out parcel leases and Reciprocal Easement Agreements.
- Creating “shorter form” leases and customized technology solutions.
- Creating landlord protections against construction lien liability.
- Credit enhancement techniques including letters of credit and lease bonds.
- Handling all types of property management issues and disputes.
- Handling all types of landlord/tenant disputes and litigation.
- Representing regional restaurant and retail tenants.
- Representing office tenants.
- Representing landlords and tenants in warehouse and industrial leasing transactions.
- Negotiating and drafting building access agreements and roof-top license agreements with most major telecommunication service providers.
- Negotiating and drafting fiber optics transmission contracts and easements and sub-marine fiber agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting wind farm leases.