Land Use & Zoning
If you are involved in the development of commercial, office, hotel, residential or industrial projects, our team can help you move efficiently through the complex regulatory and political landscape. Our attorneys can assist you in getting a project planned, financed and completed quickly while working with oversight agencies to get approval for your development.
Bringing a range of experience to our practice, we know how land use and zoning agencies work. We analyze those agencies, statutes and directives and advise clients on how they apply when they finance, acquire, develop, sell, litigate or otherwise participate in the real estate marketplace.
Over the many years we have been serving clients, we have built solid working relationships with government employees and officials at all levels and have a stellar reputation throughout the state. These relationships, coupled with our experience in regulatory and zoning laws, provide valuable assistance in connection with the acquisition, development, sale and litigation of real property matters.
Here are some of the legal services our team provides:
- Zoning, site plan and other land use applications
- Comprehensive and master plan amendments
- Governmental and regulatory takings
- Concurrency requirements
- Code enforcement matters
- Permit expediting
- Government licenses and permits
- Public-private partnerships
- Building code issues
- Municipal liens
- Zoning code amendments
- Coastal water development
- Historic preservation requirements (local, state, and federal)
- Environmental issues involving permitting and compliance at local, state and federal levels
- Environmentally sensitive issues involving wetlands, marine life, mitigation, assessments and remediation of environmentally contaminated lands
- Vested rights issues
- Covenants and deed restrictions
- Water and sewer issues
- Land use appeals and other litigation