Jeffrey S. York is a partner in the Jacksonville office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation practice group.
Jeff is also recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America® in commercial litigation and is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Florida and Georgia and both the United States Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and for the District of Columbia. He is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney and Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. Jeff has 20 years of experience handling a wide variety of complex, sophisticated business disputes in federal and state courts and arbitrations in Florida, Georgia, and across the nation in myriad areas of business litigation, including:
- banking, financial services, and lender liability litigation
- title insurance disputes (including defending first and third party claims against insureds and litigating curative title claims and other claims arising from real estate transactions);
- complex commercial foreclosures and workouts (including CMBS, municipal bond defaults, FDIC loss share matters, and shopping centers and other mixed use sites);
- sophisticated leasing and other disputes (including business lease litigation, landlord-tenant, and ground lease termination matters);
- intellectual property litigation (including trademark, copyright, and patent infringement matters);
- other real property litigation (including contractual, easement, survey, and land use and zoning disputes in the telecommunications, transportation, big box retail industries and involving state and local government laws, homeowner’ association disputes, and construction lien litigation);
- national franchise litigation (including high profile enforcement of franchise agreement provisions and enforcement of internal arbitration requirements and non-compete provisions in state and federal courts);
- general contract, business, and partnership disputes (including breach of fiduciary duty and other tort related claims, and unfair competition);
- class action litigation and settlement;
- appellate practice (including in Florida, Georgia, the District of Columbia, and multiple other appellate jurisdictions across the nation).
Additionally, Jeff has represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to various small businesses and individuals with localized litigation disputes, with the goal of assisting all of his clients in litigating matters to a successful result in the courtroom or negotiating them favorably to a favorable settlement in mediation or informally prior to trial.