Update from Shutts & Bowen on COVID-19
March 15, 2020 03:03 PM
At Shutts & Bowen, the health and well-being of our attorneys, staff, clients, community partners and their families is our paramount concern. We, along with much of the world, are closely monitoring the international impact of COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus. We understand the concern and uncertainty our clients may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus and are committed to being responsive to their needs as the situation evolves.
Firm management is implementing and enforcing its emergency protocols and taking all necessary precautions to minimize the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on our business operations as well as protect our employees and clients from exposure.
To minimize the potential for transmission, our firm has cancelled all non-essential meetings and events in our offices for the time being. Should you have a question about the status of any upcoming meetings scheduled, we ask that you contact your attorney directly.
We have also restricted travel to countries the CDC has deemed a risk. Good hygiene practices are repeatedly promoted in our offices as well. Additionally, to maintain responsible social distancing during this time, we may forego face-to-face meetings in favor of email, phone calls, and videoconferencing until the coronavirus threat has passed.
The firm will continue monitoring updates about this pandemic from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and the Governor of the State of Florida. As always, we are here to assist our clients with any of their legal needs as we continue through this quickly evolving situation.
Below is a collection of useful links and resources.
Related Updates from Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Olga Pina Comments on Coronavirus Trade Impact
- Bowman Brown Discusses the Federal Reserve Bank’s Interest Rate Cut amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michael Kelley Explains Force Majeure Events as they apply to COVID-19
- How Coronavirus is Impacting the Real Estate Industry [link to video]
- Labor & Employment Considerations in the Wake of COVID-19
- The Global Supply Chain in the Time of COVID-19
- Florida’s Narrow Take on Force Majeure Clauses
- Hackers are Leveraging Fear during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How the Governor’s Emergency Orders Will Affect Building Permits and Inspections