Fred Werdine is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Fred focuses exclusively in the areas of eminent domain, condemnation, inverse condemnation and property rights litigation. With more than 30 years of experience, Fred has represented property and business owners throughout the state of Florida when the government has sought to take their property.
For a sample list of cases that Fred has handled as lead counsel, click here.
- Speaker, “I’m From the Government and I’m Here to Help: What you Need to Know When the Government Knocks on Your Door about an Eminent Domain Matter,” Associate of Corporate Counsel – West Central Florida Chapter, October 2011
- Speaker, “Eminent Domain,” Hillsborough County Paralegal Association, Tampa, FL, February 2005
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Florida Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers,” Half Moon LLC, Tampa, FL, February 2005
- Speaker, “Telecommunications Issues and Eminent Domain,” Nextel Seminar, Maitland, FL, November 2003
- Speaker, “Taking of Property by Eminent Domain,” National Business Institute – Land Use Planning and Eminent Domain in Florida Seminar, October 1997
- Speaker, “Procedures and Considerations for the Recovery of Costs in Eminent Domain Actions,” Florida Conference of Circuit Court Judges, September 1995
- Speaker, “Determination of Attorneys’ Fees in Florida Condemnation Proceedings,” Hillsborough County Bar Association – Eminent Domain Seminar, June 1993
- Speaker, “Valuation of Property in Recessionary Times,” Hillsborough County Bar Association, Eminent Domain Seminar, 1992
- Speaker, “Business Damages in Florida,” Hillsborough County Bar Association – Eminent Domain Seminar, Tampa, FL 1991
- Speaker, “Legislative/Case Law Update,” Hillsborough County Bar/Realtors Association Seminar, March 1996
Speaker, “Overview of Appraiser and Attorney Relationship,” The Society of Real Estate Appraisers, Condemnation Seminar, 1989